Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Masterpiece - takeaway from my first women's retreat

Last Saturday I attended my first women's retreat, I was asked to play in the worship team :) The whole day was wonderful!

The theme of the retreat called masterpiece, yes we are God's masterpiece, each of us is precious. God is our great creator, praise Him!

So we made our own masterpiece on a canvas, about ourselves before and after (now). That is why you might see the head and the shoulder in the picture. It is me.
At the beginning I was quite nervous because I am not confident in making it beautiful :s I tried to paste some newspaper, having fun with my sister at the same time. Then I started feeling inspired, and I kept developing it. I was almost the last to finish because I was slow... anyway, I found that ugly at first but now I appreciate it because I got my story behind it.

The story is this: I before(= Newspaper) followed the pattern of this world, I had pride and envy in me. Then I knew Jesus, who shed the blood for me (= the red threads in the form of blood), I got touched and became christian. 
God (= thread in heart shape) lived in me, Holy Spirit (orange and yellow) filled in me. I change.
I'm still surrounded by the world (=black at the background), sometimes I got influenced by the world (=brown color around my cheek), sometimes when I serve the Lord I give positive effect on the others (=yellow color around the top of my head).
I hope one day I will spread more positive energy to the others, to lighten the world.

Lord, please help me to sanctify and purify myself, be the light shining on the others.



What I learnt: Creating an art piece is not only about the beauty of it, of course it is important, but the story behind shouldn't be neglected. I learn a new way to appreciate an artwork - to be more curious about the story behind each one.

I enjoyed the retreat and I will definitely join it next year, and also play again next year!

No comments: