Thursday, June 4, 2015

Lychee, dried lily petal & job's tear sweet soup

I bought a can of lychee from Chinese supermarket last week, at first I just want to eat some lychee as fruit, I miss its taste :) I didn't plan to make something specifically,  yesterday I saw a recipe of Chinese sweet soup with lychee and job's tear... haha I know I should try it out since I have a can of lychee.


As I posted a recipe to cook job's tear before, I explained that job's tear is for humid weather. You can see more info about job's tear, click here.

Important: Do not consume it while you are pregnant!


Ingredients
20g dried job's tear (either raw or cooked)
20g dried lily petal (you can buy them in Chinese supermarket)

20g rock/crystal sugar*
130g lychee**

honey (in the original recipe, it is 30g) 

*If you use the can lychee, you can use the syrup water, in this case you won't need to add any sugar

**It is net weight - If you buy can lichi, you will see the net weight of lichi and the weight of lichi with syrup water written on the can

Instructions
1. Soak dried job's tear and lily petal in water for 2hours

2. After 2hours, drain the water out, pour them into a pot, pour in water - at least cover the ingredients, if you want more soup, then add more water
Add sugar

3. Turn on the heat and boil it, after it is boiled, lower the heat to low/medium heat for 30mins

4. After 30mins, add in lychee, turn off the heat and let it cook for another 10mins

5. When you serve, add honey according to your taste
Serve either hot or cold

Enjoy!

No comments: