Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Fresh Pesto sauce

I love pesto sauce, I usually bought it from the supermarket and I wonder if I can make my own? Yes! I can! It is real easy.

Pesto sauce consists of basil leaves, which is why it is green :)


Ingredients
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup or 19g pine nuts


3 garlic cloves, minced (about 3 teaspoons)

1/2 cup or 56g freshly grated Romano or Parmesan-Reggiano cheese

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste


Instructions
1. In a food processor, place basil leaves and pine nuts, mix well
Add in garlic and cheese, mix until it is blended
*You may need to stop several times to scrap down the mixture so that it mixes better

2. Run the food processor, slowly pour the oil into the mixture in the small opening
Stop several times to scrap down the mixture

3. Add salt and pepper, mix again

Store it in the air-tight container and put it in the fridge

Ready to serve!

Enjoy!

No comments: