Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Whole wheat pizza dough (homemade)

 I have found a whole wheat pizza dough from Jamie Oliver, it turns out really easy and tasty!




Spinach crème fraîche pizza (next time I will add an egg on the top!)













Smoke salmon tomato basilic pizza






Ingredients:
150g whole wheat flour
100g strong flour
7g sea salt (if you use normal salt, you can use 4g)
1 1/2tsp olive oil
140g warm water
7g dry yeast
7g sugar

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven 220°c. 
Mix water & sugar with yeast, leave it for 5mins so that yeast will react => foamy milky mixture

2. Mix the above mixture with flour, oil, salt

2a. Optional step: if you have time, put the dough in the fridge and wait at least 1hour, I prepared the dough in the morning and then put in the fridge, I use it in the evening for dinner

3. Divide the dough into 3, recipe said each 7inch, I didn't measure how big and I made them in rectangular...

4. Add topping with olive oil
Note: See my photos to get some ideas or simply add what you like
Tips: the yummy tomato sauce - recipe here

5. Put the pizza in the oven for 10mins 
Note: recipe said 10mins but I found 12mins the edge of the pizza becomes golden color

If you can't use up the dough at one time, you can store it into the freezer up to 1 month

Optional topping - soft boiled egg
1. put the pizza without egg in the oven at 180°c for 10mins
2. beat an egg on the top of the pizza, then raise the temperature to 220°c for 8-10mins

Enjoy!

No comments: