Friday, June 27, 2014

Exercise benefits your life - my experience to share (real case)!

During the past few weeks, I was struggling if I should write this post or not, because I don't want people think that I want to show off, but what conquers me is that I want YOU to benefit my life lesson.

About me:
I am not at all a sportive person (those who know me they know I do NO sport). I don't like sports class, I don't enjoy it because it is too hard for me, I thought I couldn't do it. Sports exams (these sit up, push up...) are painful memories...

How I start exercising:
One day my friend Cathy asked me to run together, I found that I could run! (It was the 1st run in my life outside PE class at school). I couldn't believe I did it But I DID! So I asked her to run with me several times haha! I want to keep healthy because I'm getting 30's!

Then I found a star using Jilian Michaels' workout (it is circuit training), I searched on youtube and found it, so I start working on it since then (you can click on the link).
I like doing workout at home because I can do whenever I want (whether sunny day or rainy day), and I don't want to be tanned...

How much exercise I do each week:
You may wonder how much exercise I do each week to keep fit.
I used this same workout for 3 days per week, because between 2 workouts I rest 1 day. ie I did this workout on every Monday/Wednesday/Friday.

I know it is hard sometimes you have things to do, or sometimes you just feel tired, lazy... but each time I prioritize my workout.
Whenever you struggle to do exercise, just ask yourself: Why can you spare 45mins with your friends/TV/shopping, but you can't spare 45mins for the workout? What do you want from doing these workout?
During this period you need to stay strong, it is a long-term battle!

Note: for girls - during period, if you don't feel capable to do the workout, you can either do ligher exercise or just stop it. Do not bring yourself to danger!

Results:
Since 6 months, people around saw my physical changes, I was getting fitter.

This is the photo that I took last week = June 2014 (I start doing exercise since July 2013)


















Yet what I found after doing exercise, apart from having better body shape, my life benefits also -
I can stay focus and I can be more discipline on my daily work, bible study, managing my time, practising violin etc. I rarely find excuses in order not to do anything, I kick away my laziness (Satan rarely wins hehe).


I want to bring out a few benefits through exercise -
1. nothing is impossible if you work on it (of course God helps me a lot during this period), how much you paid = how much you gain (it works with healthy meal)
2. healthy physically can also be mentally & spiritually
3. discipline yourself through exercise can help you to discipline & improve in other aspects (work, relationships, spiritual life)
4. when you fix a target/goal, you will stay focus/firm to achieve it 
4. For girls who has tummy pain during her period, regular exercise can help to reduce/remove the pain (I said byebye to pain!).
5. For Christians, you will thank God who give you a healthy body and strength to finish the exercise each time. He will help you to overcome the temptations of Satan in your everyday life.


My workouts NOW:
I don't stick to one workout anymore, instead I work on several workouts and I run. (I will share these workouts with you next time)
Now I ENJOY doing exercise, it becomes my part of my life.

PS. Important to read:
1. Exercise is not the ONLY factor to keep you fit, it has to work with what you eat & your life style (e.g. sleep early)
2. "age" can't be neglected, the older you are, the slower the metabolism. => for example, a 70years old lady can't expect to have the same effect as a 20years old girl
3. What you should bear in mind is that the reason to do exercise is have a healthy body, not only a "thin" body

Please feel free to ask me any question. :) I'll be happy to share what I know.

I hope after reading this post, you feel encouraged and from now on, exercise yourself - physically, mentally and spiritually!

No comments: