Monday, January 20, 2014

Banana bread - with recipes & tips

I do not like eating banana, and if you ask me to choose my favourite cake, I would never say banana cake.

However, since I found this recipe and tried it, I love banana bread. It is very delicious and moist :) It is just like the cake.








This banana bread becomes one of my favorite breakfast :)














The recipe shown below - I will list the original quantity of each ingredients, but I will tell you the quantity I use without degrading the quality of the cake (I like staying healthier if possible haha)
Ingredients (for 6 persons):- 250 g flour
- 160 g sugar => I always use 130g
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- salt
- 2 - 3 bananas (preferably ripe) => I always use 3
- 85g butter => I always use 60g
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 eggs


Instruction:
1. Preheat the oven at 165° C 

2. Mix in 150g flour with sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt

3. Original recipe: add smashed bananas, butter and milk. Mix it vigorously for 2mins until the mixture becomes homogeneous
My recommendation: Add butter, mix well first => it is to ensure the mixture is well mixed, then add milk & then smashed bananas. 

4. Add eggs and the rest of the flour


5. Line baking sheet or grease the cake mold, then pour the mixture. Put it into the oven for 55-60 mins


Optional
Original recipe: You can cover the cake with cream when you serve it.
My recommendation: Add walnuts either on the top or during step 4. Walnut and banana is perfect match.

Enjoy!

Write to me if you have any question.

No comments: