Thursday, February 11, 2016

Taco soup

I love Mexican food, my friend gave me this taco soup recipe, every time I make it, people just love it! It's great for many people. This Christmas I made it for my husband's family and the soup is gone very fast!




Ingredients
2 cloves of garlic
1 onion
500g minced beef

1 can/ 398ml pinto beans (drained water)
1 can/ 398ml kidney beans (drained water)
1 can/ 398ml corn (drained water)
1 can/ 398ml tomato including juice
red or green chili
3 tbsp taco seasoning mix*

1 can/ 398ml tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 cup salsa (I used medium hot salsa)

Sour cream
Grated cheese
Tortilla chips

*You can make it yourself, click here to get the recipe

Instructions
1. In a large pot, pour oil, fry with garlic and onion with beef

2. Add in beans, corn, tomato, chili and taco seasoning

3. Add in tomato sauce and water
Let it boil for 15mins or until the beans become soft

4. Serve hot with sour cream, grated cheese and tortilla chips

Enjoy!

No comments: