Monday, February 15, 2016

Lemon cake - recipe

It is one of my favorite breakfast, I checked the blog and I haven't posted it yet! Oh that is impossible! I have made it so many times haha!


I love poppy seeds and I was too happy to add a lot here :p





Different piping tips got different decorating effects





















Ingredients:
100g sugar
100g butter (room temperature)
3 eggs
250g flour
2/3 package of baking powder
3 lemons

Optional:
about 1/2tsp baking soda
poppy seeds or almond flakes

Instructions:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°c. Mix sugar and butter together. Add eggs - 1 by 1

2. Incorporate flour & baking powder little by little
Note: If you add baking soda, then add with baking powder

3. Add in lemon juice of 2 lemons
Note: you can add zest of lemon to give more lemon flavor

4. Add poppy seeds or the almond flakes on the top if you like. Pour the mixture into a cake mold and bake for 35-40mins or until the top becomes golden yellow

5. Once you take the cake out of the oven, pour the juice of the last lemon

Enjoy!

No comments: