Tuesday, February 2, 2016

French crepe

Saturday morning becomes our pancake morning, after I make the American pancake, I want to make French crepe! Thank you my cousin :) so nice to send me the recipe!

I thought it is very difficult to make French crepe as it is very thin! But actually it turns out I can make it like the ones you can buy in the supermarket or you can eat in the restaurant!! so happy!







Ingredients

Sauce:
100g sugar
1 star anise
40ml balsamic vinegar
Zest of 1 lemon
225g blueberries*

* I used strawberries

Pancakes:
125g flour
A pinch of salt
2tbsp sugar
2 eggs
300ml milk
30g melted butter
1tbsp vegetable oil

Instructions
Sauce:
1. Place sugar, star anise & balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan, bring to boil, stir to mix well

2. Add lemon zest & blueberries, stir well
Turn off the heat & set aside

Pancakes:
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour with salt & sugar
Add in the rest of the ingredients, mix well until smooth

2. On a frying pan, at medium heat, heat little vegetable oil
Use a ladle, cover the base of pan in a thin layer of batter
Reduce to low heat, let it cook until edges of pancake become golden brown

3. Flip pancake over and cook for 1min longer

4. Now you can serve - place the pancake on a plate, add some sauce

Enjoy!

No comments: