Friday, August 28, 2015

Mocha fondant

I found a recipe of fondant in a cookbook that I have at home, as I said I am not a fan of chocolate dessert, but my husband is, so I wanted to try it :)

The result is surprisingly good - crispy edge and melted heart :) it's really rich

What mocha consists of? it consists of hot chocolate with espresso





Ingredients
175g butter
275g chopped dark chocolate
4tbsp instant expresso dissolved in 2tbsp hot water (original recipe = 2tbsp instant expresso)

250g icing sugar
3 eggs
100g flour

Instruction
1. By bain-marie method (see the pic below), melt the butter and dark chocolate in a small mixing bowl, stir the mixture regularly
when the chocolate mixture is completely melted, add in instant coffee, set aside and let it cool down


2. Preheat the oven at 160°c
Beat icing sugar and 3 eggs, then add in flour, mix well

3. Add the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture little by little

4. Pour the mixture into a 8" mould (greased)
Put the mould into the oven and bake for 55mins or until the surface slightly cracked


Serve hot with whipped cream!

Enjoy!

No comments: