Monday, August 17, 2015

Mango Lassi - Indian drink

I love Indian food, I tried their sweet lassi, which was rich and delicious. That's why now I want to share with you the recipe of lassi!

They have salted lassi and sweet lassi, consumed by different countries (India, Bangladesh, Pakistan...). The main ingredients are yogurt & water.
Salted lassi consists of spices while sweet lassi consists of fruit, mainly mango
I remember my friend from Bangladesh asked me to try salted mint lassi - it was special :p

Well... If you like other fruits you can use strawberry too

Last time I made lassi I tried to use coconut milk - even more tasty - but it won't be called lassi :)




Ingredients
1 cup Plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk*
1 cup chopped mango or strawberry
Optional: 4tsp sugar / honey

*Traditional lassi uses water

Instructions
1. Peel the mango by cutting it in half, use a big spoon to scoop the meat out, chop it into pieces
=> peel off the skin around the stone, you might want to eat directly the meat around the stone :)

2. Blend all the ingredients in a blender/ food processor until it's combined and well mix

3. Pour the lassi into a jar

To serve: You can serve immediately or even better - put in the fridge for few hours (consume it up to 24hours)


Got some strawberries, so made strawberry lassi :)


Enjoy!

No comments: