Monday, September 15, 2014

Voyage in Budapest



Last week we went to Budapest to visit our friends living there, yes, they are Hungarian! (Let's do the Hungarian dance haha!)
It's the first time we go there so we were excited.

They have the oldest metro in continental Europe, may be in the world also? The trains are short :) The door closes really fast and quite violent after the weird warning sound haha (My husband said he should have recorded the sound haha)











We saw old and new buildings mix together, river Danube, beautiful view along the river (the Parliament is really nice), different status of people from different countries, pubs inside an old compound (that's chic) with lots of art works....




This is street art I guess ;)




















Outside a window of a shop, with a funny sign haha!















Things are so cheap there! We can have cheap meals :) What I appreciate also is that people can eat whenever they feel like, there is no fix breakfast time, lunch time & dinner time... For me it is convenient because I like tasting different food, so I needed not have regular meal!

People really like eating or drinking in the street, it is one of the booth on the street, people just queue to buy the bread roll. You can have different tastes like sugar, cinnamon, walnuts.. 












Oh Ice-cream, mousse, cake, macaron... this is heaven... it is very rich and it can be almost a meal!

Another thing is that we discover the coffee, they have a lot of café.






One of the nice Café, with nice decorations - old tiles, woods on the wall - very artistic :)



Tea is very popular in the Eastern Europe, especially fruit tea. I like rapsberry tea!

















They have coffee called "melange" - coffee with honey at the bottom! I like it :)















I almost forgot their famous activity - Turkish bath! We tried all the pools with different temperature haha! It was a good experience. :) That reminds me a lot when I was in Finland, we had hot dry naked sauna haha!
Sorry no photo :(

I just love this city...

Now I have to get back to work :(

No comments: