Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Raspberry shortcake

This week is a crazy week... because I'm making 2 wedding cakes for our beloved brother and sister at church, for more than 100 people. I feel a bit stressful but I know God is in control :)

I can't ignore our breakfast, I still need to do it hehe, so I made raspberry shortcake this time. This recipe is from Marta Stewart.

I made it several times before but I spread the jam on the shortcake, this time I bought some mascarpone cream so I want to use it to see how it tastes. I am happy that it tastes rich!




This batch - I added cranberry in it, you can also add other dried fruits like raisins...


Ingredients (about 12-13):
3 cups flour
6tsp sugar
4 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
170g butter at room temperature

1 tsp orange zest => strongly recommend to add it, the flavor tastes so good with orange zest!

1 cup heavy cream/whole milk - I used 30% cream

Decoration:
Whipping cream (at least 30% fat)
Raspberry/strawberry

Instructions:
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt
Then add in butter & orange zest, mix well

2. Add in heavy cream & whole milk, mix well

3.(Optional) sprinkle sugar over the top

4. Line a baking sheet on a tray, use a spoon to scoop the dough and place on the tray

5. Bake at 205°c for 25 mins

5. For decoration, cut the shortcake into half.
Whip the cream until firm, put in the piping bag and squeeze it on the 2nd layer of the shortcake.
Put fruits on the cream and then cover with the top layer of the shortcake

Enjoy!

No comments: