Saturday, January 9, 2016

Quiche without crust

I found a piece of paper in my recipe box, I know it is a French dish but not sure whether it is flan or quiche or what... as no title is written... so I tried it to see how it turns out.

Surprising it turns out great, my husband loves it, he even accepts eating Brussels sprouts :) I am so happy and encouraged, I will make it again!




Ingredients
16 Brussels sprouts*
3 medium size carrots, sliced

70g grated cheese
2 tbsp corn starch

5 eggs (original recipes = 4 eggs)
200g cream liquid (original recipes = 150g)
salt & pepper

1 onion, diced
3 big mushrooms, sliced
3 tomatoes

*it is written 2 courgettes on the paper, but I don't have any, so replace it by Brussels sprouts, you can use broccoli too!

Instructions
1. Wash the brussels sprouts
In a pot, fill with water and boil it. When water is boiled, put the brussels sprouts and carrots, let it cook for 10mins, use a fork to test if it becomes soft

Remove water, set it aside to let it cool down

2. Preheat the oven at 200°c

When it is cooled down, cut the brussels sprouts into 4 (1/4size large)

3. In a large mixing bowl, mix cheese and corn starch
Add in eggs, mix well
Add cream & salt & pepper, mix well

4. Add in brussels sprouts, carrots, onion and mushrooms, mix well
Add in tomatoes, mix it briefly to avoid pressing the juice out

5. Place the mixture to a pan
Bake it for 40-45mins until the surface becomes golden color

Enjoy!

No comments: