Monday, April 27, 2015

Coconut milk ice-cream with ginger and lime

I have a friend who made this ice-cream for her husband's birthday, she told me that they loved it and she recommended me to make it ;)

My husband said it is one of the best ice-cream I have ever made! I am sure he will want me to make again :)



It was quite time consuming when I grated the ginger by hand (but my effort worths since my husband is happy). 

If you want to make it in hurry, then I suggest you mix all the ingredients in a blender.

Ingredients

113g fresh ginger (peeled)

1 cup brown sugar (original recipe = 1cup & 2tbsp white sugar)

2 (380g-400g) cans chilled unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup chilled half and half (you can use at least 30% cream)
5 tbsp fresh lime juice of about 2 limes
1 tbsp grated lime peel of 2 limes
Pinch of salt

For decoration (I didn't use it)

2 mangoes (peeled, pitted & sliced)
1 lime (thinly sliced)

Instruction

1. Finely grate ginger, then chop very finely. Set aside enough chopped ginger (including juices).


2. Whisk coconut milk, sugar, half and half, lime juice, lime peel, salt, and reserved grated ginger in medium bowl, keep whisking the mixture until sugar dissolves. 

3. Transfer mixture to ice cream maker. Process according to manufacturer's instructions. 

4. Transfer ice cream to container; cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
5. For decoration - garnish with mango and lime.

Note: If you like ginger flavor, you can add more than written in the recipe, but be careful it can become spicy if you add too much!

Enjoy!

No comments: