Friday, November 14, 2014

Madeleine Ispahan - rose flavor

The famous French chef Pierre Herme has a great success in making madeleine Ispahan, I want to give it a try since it is famous lol



I bought the mould finally haha :)





















My husband loves it, the texture is spongy, soft & moist, he might allow me to buy a mold lol



At that time I did't have any madeleine mold at home, so I use a fancy one that I have ;)

















Ingredients
125g butter
15g cream or milk (better whole fat cream or whole milk)
10g rose essence* 
0.2g red eatable colorant
120g sugar
125g egg
18g trimoline**
125g flour
4g baking powder
30g raspberries (I didn't have any at home so I didn't add it)

*If it is rose water, please multiply the quantity by 3 times
** Substitue trimoline by honey, I tried and it works well

Instruction
1. Melt the butter and put aside
Preheat the oven at 180°c

2. In a small mixing bowl, mix cream/milk, rose essence and red eatable colorant

3. In a big mixing bowl, mix egg & sugar, add in trimoline
Add in flour and baking powder little by little
Then add in cream/milk mixture of step 2

4. Add in melted butter, with fast & light motion, mix well
Add in raspberries, mix quickly until they are about evenly distributed in the mixture

Note 1: mix fast - not to form gluten in the mixture => create spongy and soft texture
Note 2: If the size of raspberries is too big, tear down into small pieces

5. Leave the mixture rest for 15mins

6. Pour the mixture to the mold until 70% filled
Note: in the recipe it says fill the mixture in a piping bag and then squeeze the mixture to the mold

7. Put the mold into the oven and bake for 12-15mins, or until the madeleine becomes golden color
Cool down and ready to serve

Enjoy!

No comments: