Friday, November 28, 2014

Butternut/squash recipe

Happy thanks giving!

I know I know, it's black Friday, I want to make pumpkin pie but it is very expensive here :(

This week I found a super big butternut but it costs cheap, so I decide to find a recipe to cook it! It's my first time to make butternut so I have no idea what kind of dish I can make.

I'm glad that I found this recipe because it's surprisingly delicious!


Ingredients:
Butternut

For each half of butternut:
1 clove garlic
1tsp lemon juice
5g butter
some vegetable/olive oil

150g cheese (grated)
1tsp herb
pepper
salt

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven at 190°c
Cut the butternut into half (vertically), remove the seeds inside

2. Put garlic, lemon juice, butter in the hole - the place you where the seeds were (see the photo), brush oil on the top of the rest of the flesh

3. Bake the butternut for 40-60mins
Let it cool down
Turn the temperature of the oven to 160°c

4. Remove the flesh out and put it in a food processor, mix with cheese, herb, salt & pepper
Pour the mixture to a dish
Put back to oven to bake for another 20-25mins or until the cheese on the top becomes golden
Note: you can keep the skin if you are careful enough, after mixing in the ingredients, you can now put the mixture back to the skin! Fill it up!

5. Ready to serve - hot hot hot!

Enjoy!

No comments: