Monday, August 18, 2014

Paper art & Chinese knot art - tea box

My lovely friend bought me a book of cartonnage, I'm so blessed!


I like drinking tea and I have different tea boxes.... so... I need a tea box!
I try to follow the instructions (I never like reading instruction.... no user manuel for example...) to make a box. It is not 100% the same because the demonstration in the book is for something else, but I used the basic structure and then I divided the box into 3 parts to put different tea bags inside...

Also, my friend helped me a lot in explaining me important things to be aware of (she is so caring), thanks to her I'm able to make this tea box!



I bought the Japanese paper, it suits the best for a tea box!

Then when I almost finished it, I was thinking what decoration could match this box? I do not want it to be too plain... not too much decoration neither... May be an Asian decoration will match the Japanese paper better, so Chinese knot comes to my mine.

I'm very thankful about the technology nowadays, it makes life simplier & easier! I watched youtube to find out how to make a nice knot.
There are so many knots to learn, they can be super complicated. However, it is my first time to tie a knot, I better do something simple. So I chose the "Good luck knot", you can click here to make one.



It also took me some time to find a solution to hide the extra robe with a tassel... it seems solid :)


It is just a start for discovering the Chinese knot, I will try to make more since I have 20 meters of red robe to use!!

No comments: