Thursday, August 14, 2014

Green tea / Black sesame ice-cream recipe

I bought a package of black sesame powder few days ago in a Chinese supermarket, because I like eating black sesame sweet soup. I tried it when I got home and I was quite disappointed, I followed the instruction to add hot water in the powder, but the taste and texture wasn't what I expected.

Yet, I found another usage of this powder - ice-cream/ mousse...
That is why today I made the ice-cream!


I adapted this recipe from green tea ice-cream... so I will indicate the quantity used of black sesame or green tea or even yam!



Ingredients:
2 cups half-half (can be replaced by 1 cup double cream & 1 cup milk)*
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
4 tbsp Black sesame powder**

* I used 1 cup 35% cream & 1 cup whole milk
**If you want to make green tea ice-cream, add 3 tbsp green tea powder




Instructions:
Before you start, freeze your ice-cream bowl 24hours ahead!

1. Bring all the ingredients in the sauce pan under medium heat, stir it and cook it until the mixture start forming foam with steam (but not boiling)

2. Let it cool down. When it's cool enough, place a plastic wrap right on the mixture - to avoid a layer of skin forms. Then put it in the fridge for 2hours - to ensure the mixture is cool enough

3. Now you can pour the mixture to the ice-cream machine and follow the instructions of your machine

Enjoy!

No comments: