Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Spiced red lentil carrot soup

I make soup each week & I have been making celery soup since long time, I love it but I think it is time to try something new :)



Ingredients
2 tsp cumin seeds
chili flakes

1L hot water
1 cube vegetable/chicken stock

2 tbsp olive oil
600g carrots
140g red lentil
125ml milk

plain yogurt (I used greek yogurt)
naan bread


Instructions
1. Heat a large pot, dry-fry the cumin seeds and chili flakes for 1 min, or until they start to jump around the pot => release the aroma
Scoop out 1/2 seeds with a spoon. Set aside

2. Add the oil, carrot, lentils, stock, water and milk to the pot and bring to boil
Reduce the heat to low heat, simmer for 15 mins until the lentils become soft


  1. 3. Blend the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor - smooth or chunky
  2. Serve with yogurt, 1/2 toasted spices & naan
  3. Enjoy!

No comments: