Thursday, October 9, 2014

Cupcakes with icing - new test of white colorant

I have another sister of a bible study who will get married this coming Saturday. We celebrated the bridal shower last Friday after the meeting, to give a surprise to her :) so they asked me to prepare some cupcakes for her. That is why I need to make some white icing to match the wedding theme!

See, it is very white the icing! I'm so pleased! now I can make more professional icing haha!

I always see people making beautiful white icing on the cupcakes and I wonder why mine is always yellowish :( 

So I searched on internet and found that there is white colorant to whiten the icing..... I heard that people would use shortening to replace butter to make the icing whiter, but I prefer the smell of butter so I simply use white colorant to color it :)



I bought Wilton's white white colorant, which is liquid => it will soften the icing to become more liquid, so you might need to add more icing sugar or put the icing in the fridge to harden it a bit before you use.

No comments: