Thursday, October 13, 2016

Bake Pumpkin / squash butternut with no waste

Autumn is coming, so It is pumpkin season too!! :D I love pumpkin because the taste is good and it is full of nutrition.
In the past I always removed pumpkin skin when I cook it and discard the seeds too... I guess you do the same don't you?

I am surprised we can keep the skin as well as the seeds! So here is the recipe I found. I am so joyful and want to share with you. No more waste from now on :D



Ingredients
1 small pumpkin (about 1 kg)

Olive oil
Salt & pepper

Option: balsamic vinegar

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 220°c

2. Half pumpkin
Scoop the seeds out & keep them aside*
Divide 1/2 pumpkin into 2 again, with the skin facing you, cut them into 1/2"-1" wide

*Note: click here for the recipe to cook the seeds (coming up soon)

3. Line a baking sheet on a tray, sprinkle some olive oil on it
Dip sliced pumpkin on both side and line them on the tray
Sprinkle salt & pepper on the top

4. Bake the pumpkin for 15 mins, then take it out, flip over the pumpkin, put back to oven and bake for another 15 mins

You can sprinkle some vinegar on the top before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments: