Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Korean stew beef & radish

I like this stew meat because I like tender meat. Also I like stew vegetables. I rarely eat steak or fried meat, it will be my choice when I eat out, definitely not at home.

I like this recipe because it is with Korean sauce, especially the white radish absorbs the sauce, awww, it is too delicious.... The sauce smells really good the whole house :)



Ingredients
500g beef (brisket)
Korean barbecue sauce, click here for the recipe

1 white radish
1/8 cup rice
salt

vegetable oil
1/4 Asian pear/ Chinese pear, diced
1 tbsp rice wine
1/2 cup Korean sauce
1 small rock sugar
hot water

Instructions
1. Soak the beef with korean barbecue sauce, ideally the whole night, or several hours
Tips: use zip lock bag to help, shake the beef and sauce to mix them well

2. The next day or after several hours you soaked the beef, prepare the white radish

In a pot, boil water. When water boils, add in rice and salt, then add in white radish
Cook it at medium heat until your fork can insert in the white radish

3. In another pot, I used Dutch oven, heat up oil, take out the beef from the fridge, add it in and fry it 
Add in diced pear & white radish

Then add in rice wine, korean sauce, rock sugar & hot water. You should be able to cover the beef and some of the radish

Let it cook at low heat for 1 hour - 1.5hour, until the beef becomes tender

4. After 1 hour, taste if salt is needed

Serve hot with rice
Enjoy!

No comments: