Thursday, August 18, 2016

Spinach quiche (meat-free)

Quiche night yay! Got some spinach to finish up... ok let me make a spinach quiche :)

Sometime important to note - You don't cook Spinach ahead, or it becomes too old, but since spinach release juice when cooked, you'll need to reduce the quantity of milk or cream, but I rather like richer taste so I only reduce milk quantity here.

There is no parmesan cheese on the top in this photo

Ingredients
300g pastry dough, click here for the recipe

1 onion
4 shallots

olive oil

250g cream in liquid (I used 30%)
100g milk (I used 1.5%)
3-4 eggs

400g Spinach

60g parmesan cheese

Salt & pepper

Sprinkle on the top: parmesan cheese

Instructions
1. Wash spinach
Chop onion & shallots

Set aside

2. In a big mixing bowl, mix onion, shallots, olive oil, cream, milk, eggs. Mix well
Then add in spinach & parmesan cheese, mix well
Add in salt & pepper

3. Preheat the oven at 200°c
Place a baking sheet on a pie mould

4. On a floured working surface, roll out the dough until it's 0.3cm (not thicker than 0.5cm) thickness
Lay the dough on the pie mould

5. Use a ladle to transfer the egg mixture to the pie mould carefully

6. Put the quiche into the oven for 30mins or until the surface becomes golden

Note: I used large cake mould since I have no pie mould at home. Because of the height of the quiche is about 4cm, I baked it for 1 hour

Serve hot with some parmesan cheese on the top!
Enjoy!

No comments: