Friday, July 8, 2016

Mushroom quiche (meat-free)

I rarely make quiche, I am not fan of ham, lardon... I prefer veggie quiche, that's why I bake this mushroom quiche! It is actually quite simple to make.

One thing to pay attention is that whenever you bake mushroom with something else, like quiche, flan, soufflé... if you don't fry the mushroom and discard the juice ahead, you may probably unable to cook well the flan... you will have it end up watery...





Ingredients
300g pastry dough, click here for the recipe
2 onions
500g mushroom

olive oil

250g cream in liquid (I used 30%)
150g milk (I used 1.5%)
3-4 eggs
Salt & pepper

Optional: chopped Scallion


Instructions
1. Rinse, sliced the mushrooms
Chop finely onions

2. In a sauce pan, at medium heat, fry oil with onions & mushroom, until you see the juice from mushroom released

Discard mushroom juice

3. In a big mixing bowl, whisk eggs with cream and milk until they blend together

Add in salt & pepper, then mushroom & onion mixture
Mix well

Note: You can also add scallion at this stage

4. Preheat the oven at 200°c
Place a baking sheet on a pie mould

5. On a floured working surface, roll out the dough until it's 0.3cm (not thicker than 0.5cm) thickness
Lay the dough on the pie mould

6. Use a ladle to transfer the egg mixture to the pie mould carefully

7. Put the quiche into the oven for 30mins or until the surface becomes golden

Note: I used large cake mould since I have no pie mould at home. Because of the height of the quiche is about 4cm, I baked it for 1 hour

Serve it hot!
Enjoy!

No comments: